Want to learn more?
About Rainbow Tree International
Rainbow Tree International is a voluntary organization to support children who are facing seriously challenging situations world wide. We all can imagine the heart ships of dealing with illness, war, poverty or living in an unsafe environment. How would it be, in the face of the hardships you experience, someone right beside you, who sees you, supports you and encourages you to bring out the best of you, no matter what.
This is what you can count on:
- We see children as unique gifts to the world and being immeasurably strong and flexible
- We support children so they can deal with their challenges in a powerful way, and present their unique gifts to the world
- We connect with people from heart to heart
- We believe in the magic of life. We celebrate life
- We take great concern to support every child to express its own uniqueness
What did we create to make this happen?
- In the past 27 years we visited over 100.000 children in more than 20 hospitals in the Netherlands.
- We give out 16.000 Dreamblankets to children, uniquely made, to support every child’s sense of security and dignity. Another 3.000 handmade Dreamblankets went to children worldwide.
- We published a book, created musical CD’s and organized benefit concerts and dinners.
- Over 1.500 volunteers support our mission in the Netherlands.
- We are currently in the process of developing a smartphone application to support families to receive practical help they urgently need.
Renée and Evert-Jan van Zandvoort, founders of the Rainbow Tree in the Netherlands and International